Friday 27 July 2007

The British weather says goodbye






In true British fashion the heavens opened to say goodbye. So much so that my home county of Gloucestershire was placed on a state of emergency with my Mother claiming it was like being back in WWII.

As you can be seen from the photo above the boys from Substance001 were sad to see me go. Big thanks to Andy and Pete who have kindly let me work out of their office for the last six months. They can now get back to the serious work of promoting The 'Simpson's movie' and 'Evan Almighty' on line, so if anyone out there needs an on line PR and Marketing agency check out www.substance001.

Saturday, with the rain continuing, I bade farewell to friends over a soggy burger. It was great to catch up with so many friends and a real kicker to be heading away from such great pals. On this note I e mailed out to my industry contacts that I was heading off to the AFI and was overwhelmed by the positive response. You never know if the 'powers that be' read your epistles or wether underlings move them out into the trash. So in this case a great response from the likes of Lionsgate, Crossroads, Seville Pictures, Parkland Films, Dan Films etc it all points to heading in the right direction.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

let's get some bloody chatter going on this blog then. Howdy pardner, glad you landed safe and sound. The Marina's a beaut, ain't she? Lap up those glorious SoCal desert sunsets, they haunt my dreams I tells ya. So Simpsons went off with a big bang, made a fortune on Wed and Thurs combined, looking like a big opening weekend. Smiles all round in Springfield. Going to see Bourne Ultimatum on Tues, so thought I'd cram in the first 2 this weekend. Just finished Bourne Identity with my old man, top class I thought, taut, direct and just bloody good fun. Part 2 tomorrow morning. It's good to have goals. Now, whose blog is this, I must stop waffling. Love you and leave you beasty.

Andy