Sunday 8 June 2008

Julia in hospital

Horrible news. Julia is in hospital. Gave me the shock of my life. She was complaining about not feeling too good and the next thing she is taken into hospital. She has thrombosis on the lungs from too much air travel etc. The doctor has reassured me she is fine and they are happily (?) thinning her blood and the clots are receeding. Looked into coming home but Julia and then reiterated by the Doctor was insistent that I still come home via freighter ship. Will see what happens over the next few days.



Julia is now out of hospital. Though weary she is feeling much better. Friends and family have been wonderful. Lots of visits and support. Wish I had been there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My God. I had no idea.
So glad she's better. I know exactly how you feel, because Kate's had a couple in her leg, and one on her lungs.
There are lots of precautions she can take to prevent it happening again - I'll have a chat with you offline about it.