Wednesday 22 August 2007

DMV - moments of nausea

How can such an insignificant place cause so much pain and anguish? DMV Hollywood. Taking a driving test is a pain in the ass at the best of times. But when they make you queue up in the blazing sun for over an hour with your engine switched off, thus no air con, and you have to stay in your car, well all I can say is I hope your deodorant is effective. Twenty minute trip round Hollywood. It's such a leveller with all the power in the hands of the assesor - thank fully she was having a good day - I passed but not without a warning that I cornered too fast. I don't think I ever went over 30mph as I was so intent on getting through!



Popped into the AFI, a few outstanding issues to complete, mainly selection of a medical insurance package. After free health this really is a conundrum and an expensive one. To date no one has been able to clearly explain the best policy for me. So spoke to Kennedy Taylor in New York yesterday and he pointed me in the direction of his broker. So she has sent me a number of packages to look at and we will go from there. Seems the most appropriate is with Blue Shield.


Lynn Mazzucchi, Registrar at the AFI. She showed me round the college when I came out in April.

No comments: