Wednesday 15 August 2007

Surfing with dolphins.

You hear people say 'before I die I want to swim with Dolphins' well one better! Sufing with Doplhins.

This morning at 8am Julia and I had our first surfing lesson with Dylan Farr from ZJ boarding house in Santa Monica. We were with illustrious company as Dylan was a former pro snowboarder who hangs out with Jay Kay when he is in LA, and his father used to be in the music business working closely with Rod Stewart - must get used to Americans instantly telling you their life history!

Oh forgot to mention that Julia is paranoid about sharks or should I say shark attacks. So when I saw a fin whilst out in the surf I tried discretely to mention it to Dylan. Julia heard. For a moment I thought hell would break loose, I confess I was slightly perturbed (don't you love British understatement) On second look we saw it was a school of dolphins. Truly amazing and a real one off experience -even Dylan was amazed. They swam and surfed no more than a couple of feet away from us.

Surfing was great and managed to stand up, looks as though this will become a past time for my stay in California. Julia was equally taken.




Afterwards checked out a couple more Frank Gehry buildings. This time the Edgemar Centre for the Arts and Franks own home.



Little bit more shopping for Julia. Come on with an exchange rate of 2:1 why not?





Found some Banksy's in LA!


No comments: