Sunday 9 September 2007

Saturday

Morning in Santa Monica at the beach. Rather pleased as I managed to get up on my board a couple of times - starting to realise that an 8ft board may have been a better idea as my 7ft board is a bit tippy - nothing like a challenge.



Back into town to and lunch with Jeff the DP. Great conversation. We worked through the script, Jeff has pulled out a host of photos to open up a discussion on the look of the film. Before we knew it it was 6pm.



Whilst on Sunset caught these pictures from a rooftop garage. Not sure if this is pollution or an industrial accident.







Decided that I wanted a night in and also realised that I need some better tuition re surfing. So called in the big guns to help me out: Patrick and Keanu, 'Point Break' bought a copy from Amoeba Music - phenomenal record and DVD store on Sunset next to the Arclight.




Fantastic evening - surf and sky dive - Kathryn Bigelow certainly created a masterpiece in this film. 'Back off Warchild' '100% pure adrenalin. Some people snort to achieve it, others inject a vein. All you have to do is jump.' Great lines - somehow I feel my surfing will move to the next level after this experience.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Hi fella

My surfing improved enormously when in Bali after having watched The Break. A huge improvement with Swayze's choice lines rattling around in my head!

Went skydiving last weekend so really living the dream.

cheers,
Andrew